Wednesday, May 3, 2006

Another domain name I don't need

I'm now the proud owner of scumandvillainy.com. I don't know what happened to the previous site there, but it's gone. It's rare that any even remotely Star Wars-related domains come open, so I grabbed it. I have no idea what I might ever do with it, but now I can use the spiffy email address wretchedhive@scumandvillainy.com.

The last stupid domain name I bought, of course, was youcanblowme.com, and I can still be reached at yeah@youcanblowme.com as well. When I set it up, I just threw up a pretty random front page. I guess Bonnie Bernstein was on TV at the time, and at the office we're big fans because of an infamous comment from a few years back. If I recall correctly, she was transitioning from talking to Dick Enberg to interviewing Dick Jauron, and blurted out, "Two Dicks! Wow!"

Anyway, for no reason at all, I grabbed a screen shot of bonniebernstein.com and made it the index page. And for the title, I just typed in "Two Dicks! Wow!" and never gave it another thought.

A N Y W A Y, I just took a look at the web stats for youcanblowme.com. Not a lot of hits, because none of the secret pages (I can't tell you what they are, it's a secret) are linked from the front page. So according to the "search query report" only 10 people have ever web-searched their way to this site. That's right, every one of them was running a search for "two dicks."

No comments:

Post a Comment